Cruising GroundsWhitehaven is the most accessible safe haven on the NW Cumbrian coast, with access at almost all states of tide making it a superb base for cruising to the Isle of Man, Ireland, north Wales and a stepping off point for heading north to the Clyde and the Western Isles of Scotland.
Download our 2014 Marina Guide Cruising Pages for more ideas!
- Only 40 miles to the Isle of Man, great for a weekend’s cruise.
- An excellent re-victualling stopover for boats on a round Britain trip.
- Crew changeover port – excellent transport links
- Good stopping point for passages between west of Scotland and south coast of England
- Offers a warm welcome to rallies and cruises during the summer season For detailed pilotage notes download our PDF here or the Marina Guide pages here.