Customer feedback has confirmed the demand for general boat builders, repairers, riggers, painters and other marine services at Whitehaven Marina. Please contact Tony Taylor by email or on +44(0)1946 692435 if you would like to discuss on-site commercial opportunities.
Whitehaven Marina is home to a purpose built 7200 sqft boat shed and 45 tonne hoist capable of moving two vessels (max 20m LOA) into the shed. The marina has a customer base of over 300 leisure berths, commerial vessels and a thriving fishing fleet. The boat shed can be divided to suit a wide range of requirements and is fully serviced including overhead gantry cranes, office space, galley and washroom facilities.
Marina Customer Profile Summary
- Whitehaven Marina currently has 300 berths of which 90% are let on annual contracts.
- There is an approximate 70/30 mix between sail and motorboats with an average length of 10.5meters
- The largest the marina can accommodate is 25 meters with 40m possible alongside the quay wall.
- The customer base is principally from within a 50 mile radius of Whitehaven with a growing number from further afield including Newcastle, Manchester and North Wales.
- The commercial fleet includes servicing vessels for the nearby Robin Riggwind farm, Sellafield plant and Military testing areas. All these vessels need servicing and maintaining.
- The boats in the marina are of good quality